Lu-Ve buys Indian coil firm Spirotech

spirotech-india

ITALY: Heat exchanger manufacturer Lu-Ve has acquired the leading Indian coil producer Spirotech.

Spirotech Heat Exchangers has its hq and manufacturing facility in Bhiwadi, Rajasthan, about 60km south of New Delhi. It produces heat exchangers coils – copper/aluminium and aluminium/aluminium – with more than 70% of its business in domestic appliances, air conditioning and refrigeration. The company was founded in 1994 by chairman Dr Rajeshwar Kumar Malhotra and md Subramaniam Srinivasan.

Under the binding contracts, Lu-Ve will acquire 95% of the shares of Spirotech from existing shareholders while the remaining 5% would be held by Subramaniam Srinivasan, who will continue as managing director.

Dr Malhotra will remain as a consultant and provide full support during Spirotech’s transition and integration with the Lu-Ve group. He will also maintain his position as non-executive chairman of the board of Spirotech, supplemented by four representatives from Lu-Ve and an independent member.

Lu-Ve has had a sales and marketing office in India since 2011 and now plans to use the existing business and operations of Spirotech as a platform to rapidly expand its business in India and nearby countries.

Lu-Ve-Sept-2016

Advertisement

Spirotech achieved revenues of around €21m in the year ending March 2016. The transaction entails an equity value for 100% of Spirotech of €33.6m. The deal is subject to customary closing conditions and it is expected that the closing would occur by the end of October.

The company’s 11,000m² factory, which it has occupied since 2012, is a LEED-certified building with a capacity of 3 million coils per year.

“We have recognised in Spirotech a company aimed by the same passion for innovation which is the value of Lu-Ve Group, commented Lu-Ve president Iginio Liberali. “Spirotech has been for years preferred supplier of some of the most prestigious European brands, thanks to the respect of the highest quality requirements for products and services. In addition, it is well rooted in the local market.”

Stressing the strategic importance of the acquisition, Liberali added: “It allows Lu-Ve Group to expand its presence in India and into the nearby countries, to extent the range of our applications, as well as to be closer to some of our global customers.”


Latest news from the world of air conditioning and refrigeration

UK News

1st December, 2016

steve-gowing-home

Stonegrove appoints Gowing

UK: Industrial refrigeration contractor Stonegrove Refrigeration has appointed Steve Gowing as design and project engineer.

1st December, 2016

javac-award-climate-center

Javac achieves Climate Center double

UK: Javac UK, the refrigerant recovery and vacuum pump supplier, has been named as Climate Centers’ Supplier of the Year for the second year running.

28th November, 2016

kevin-munson-home

Ruskin renamed Swegon Air Management

UK: Ruskin Air Management has been renamed Swegon Air Management following its acquisition by the Swedish manufacturer Swegon.

25th November, 2016

swep-tentlingen

SWEP to close Swiss plant

SWEDEN: Heat exchanger manufacturer SWEP is to close its manufacturing plant in Tentlingen, Switzerland, moving production to factories in Slovakia and Sweden.

World News

3rd December, 2016

daikin-czech-rep

Daikin Plzen plant is BES 6001 certified

BELGIUM: Daikin Europe’s factory in the Czech Republic has joined the group’s factory in Ostend by becoming certified to the BRE’s responsible sourcing standard.

3rd December, 2016

young-buskirk-chairmans-awards

AHRI rises to chairman’s challenge

USA: Parker Hannifin and Daikin were the big winners in a unique competition designed to raise the level of awareness of the HVACR industry both in school and government.

3rd December, 2016

aircon-teknik

Beijer Ref merges Danish businesses

DENMARK: Refrigeration wholesaler Beijer Ref has merged two of its Danish companies to form Aircon Teknik A/S.

2nd December, 2016

modine-coils

Luvata HTS merged into Modine coil division

USA: The Luvata Heat Transfer Solutions business is to be amalgamated with Modine Coils into a new Modine Commercial and Industrial Solutions division.

JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Leave A Comment