Polestar Cooling Ltd
Thermal Engineer – Refrigeration
Company: Polestar Cooling
Location: Bognor Regis
Contract Term: Permanent
Hours per week: 38
Responsible to: Operating Officer – Technical
Salary: £35,000-£45,000 per annum
Development of new products for the Polestar refrigeration business.
Prioritising both solar and mains powered vaccine refrigerator development along with maintenance of the existing product portfolio.
• Lead on modelling of existing and new refrigerator designs; estimating performance and specifying insulation levels.
• Carry out performance testing of refrigerators and refrigeration systems.
• Propose appropriate design improvements to refrigerator systems.
• Provide technical support to production team to resolve issues and improve efficiency.
• Lead on technical support to our range of customers
• Develop quality control procedures for new refrigeration designs.
• Ability to self-educate to overcome new technical challenges.
• Understanding and appreciation of off-grid solar power systems.
• Adhering to the Company’s distinctive vision, purpose and values
• High quality R&D and product development leading to significant market and commercial benefit to Polestar Cooling.
• Degree level or comparable experience in a physical science or engineering discipline.
Knowledge and Experience
• At least 5 years’ experience and a proven track record in product design, relevant to refrigeration and renewable energy technologies.
• Practical and theoretical familiarity with refrigeration, mechanical, thermal, electrical, and electronic engineering.
• Proven record of innovation in the fields of thermal design and refrigeration.
• Team Working: Must be able to appreciate colleagues’ points of view, and will be expected to ask for help, and offer help to others when appropriate.
• Communication (written & verbal): Must be able to express and explain technical ideas verbally and in written format at a technical level appropriate to the audience.
• Management (including self-motivation and time management): The post requires the person to often work unsupervised. They will determine a structure, and prioritise their work to ensure that specifications and deadlines are met. This includes liaison with external collaborators, testing authorities etc.
• IT and Other: Microsoft Office, especially Excel. CAD. PowerPoint.
• An awareness of general developments in sustainable energy related technology.
• Experience and appreciation of social and physical conditioned and developing countries.
• Good listening skills.