Factory owner dies in ammonia leak
THAILAND: The owner of an ice factory in southern Thailand is reported to have died after an ammonia gas leak at his plant yesterday (August 26).
Rescue workers were called to the premises in Khok Kloi, Phang Nga province, on Sunday afternoon.
The Phuket News reports that the fire service sprayed water into the facility to reduce the amount of ammonia in the air. Residents living within a one kilometre radius of the facility were told to leave and the area was closed to traffic.
Two people were said to have been found unconscious inside. Both were taken to hospital and the owner of the factory, Siraphop Buarung, was said to have died.
Fatal ammonia leak forces factory move – 18 August 2018
MALYSIA: The Selangor government has ordered an ice factory to move away from residential areas after an ammonia refrigerant leak killed two workers and injured 18 others last Monday. Read more…