World News

MHI Chinese JV produces first chiller

141217-No1863-1CHINA: A joint venture between Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and Chinese manufacturer Dalian Refrigeration has produced its first centrifugal chiller.

The chiller, an AART-70R with a capacity of 700-900 tons, was unveiled last week by the joint venture company at its new 12,000m² factory in Dalian.

MHI Bingshan Refrigeration (Dalian) Co Ltd was established in November 2013 to produce centrifugal chillers. MHI own a 55% equity share and Dalian Refrigeration, China’s largest manufacturer of screw compressor chillers, hold the remaining 45%. The new factory was constructed on Dalian Refrigeration’s site and opened in April.

The JV has been licensed to manufacture MHI’s medium- and large-size centrifugal chillers, and is currently capable capable of producing 500 units per year.

Related Articles

Back to top button