Seven die in ammonia leak in India
INDIA: Seven workers have died ofasphyxia and five hospitalised following a massive ammonia leak at a cold storage unit in Ranasar, Vijapur Taluka on Saturday.
Rescue teams were forced to cut the roof and break the side wall of Manan Cold Storage to reach the trapped workers. Several firemen were also said to have been affected by the toxic gas. Sixty-five workers managed to flee when an ammonia pipe ruptured.
An investigation is underway to find out why the pipe ruptured.
Only a week ago, 15 people died at an ammonia plant in China: