World News

Two in intensive care after ammonia leak

7678461_sPAKISTAN: Reports say that at least a dozen people were taken ill after they inhaled ammonia gas that leaked at an ice factory in Green Town, Lahore, on Saturday.

According to reports on the Express Tribune website, two of the victims were in intensive care. A number of buffaloes grazing nearly were said to have died.

The ice factory, situated in a residential area Nawaz Mor, near Bagrian, was at the centre of a similar incident a few months ago according to the Dawn website. Police have arrested the owner of the factory.

Reports of the cause vary. Suggestions include an ammonia cylinder explosion, an ammonia cylinder leak or the failure of a pressure relief valve.

Related Articles

Back to top button