UK News

£330,000 for widow of AC engineer

Colin Harper is said to have contractedmesothelioma through inhaling asbestos

UK: The widow of an air conditioning engineer, who died from mesothelioma having been exposed to asbestos at work in the 70s and 80s, has been awarded £330,000 damages.

According to Hudgells Solicitors, Colin Harper had worked as an apprentice air conditioning engineer in London and throughout his career was exposed to asbestos lagged pipes when removing and upgrading systems, working without any suitable protection.

Diagnosed with mesothelioma, a malignant tumour caused by inhaling asbestos, in 2016, he passed away, aged 63, in February 2018.

The legal case involved three defendant specialist refrigeration companies based in Newbury and Milton Keyes – Risby of Newbury Ltd, Kennet Refrigeration and ML Refrigeration – which Mr Harper worked for between 1968 and 1980.

It alleged they had each exposed him to risk by working with asbestos without protection during his career, including a period of time working at Heathrow Airport.

Related Articles

Back to top button