Refrigerant leak sends two to hospital
UK: Two people were taken to hospital following a refrigerant leak at a Morrisons supermarket in Kendal on Saturday.
Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service reported that two fire engines attended a commercial premises on Queen Katherine’s Avenue, Kendal at 19.32 on Saturday December 29. Local newspaper reports identify the premises as a Morrisons supermarket.
The statement on the Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service website says: “Firefighters used four breathing apparatus and gas detection equipment to remove the freezer to safety. Two casualties were conveyed to hospital via ambulance suffering the effects of refrigeration products. Crews were in attendance for approximately one hour and forty-five minutes.”
The Cooling Post has so far been unable to make contact with either Morrisons or Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service, so has not been able to establish the type of refrigerator or refrigerant involved or the current status of the two victims.