World News

Ammonia leak sends two to hospital

USA: Two people were admitted to hospital today (June 28) following an ammonia leak at a lettuce growing business in Tehachapi, California.

Kern County firefighters were summoned to to the premises of Revol Greens where leak alarms had prompted pre-developed emergency protocols and evacuations of staff.

Twenty-one of the 70 employees at the facility had been exposed to the ammonia used in the refrigeration systems of the 16-acre facility. Two required treatment and were transported to a local area hospital.

Related Articles

Back to top button