USA: Six people were injured, two of them seriously, when exposed HVAC ductwork fell from the ceiling at an indoor aquatics centre in Colorado.
Fire and rescue crews were called to the incident yesterday at the Gaylord Rockies Resort and Convention Center in Aurora. It is reported that the ductwork and “mechanical parts” crashed down upon the pool deck and into the water, covering nearly the entire area of the pool.
An estimated 50-100 guests were inside the aquatics centre at the time of the collapse. In total, six people were provided care by responders. Two of the patients had injuries that were life threatening. All six patients were transported to local hospitals.