News HeadlinesWorld News

Workers hospitalised after ammonia leak

INDIA: A dozen workers at a meat processing plant in Uttar Pradesh reportedly collapsed today following an ammonia leak from a refrigeration system.

Six women workers from the Frigorifico Allana meat processing unit in Sahibabad fell unconscious and all were rushed to hospital, where five were admitted to intensive care.

The affected workers from the meat processing unit of Frigorifico Allana, were rushed to hospital, where doctors said their condition was critical. The condition of two of the employees is said to be serious.

Police claim to have registered a case against two officials of the company for negligence.

This is the second ammonia incident at the plant in the last seven months. In November last year, 27 workers at the same plant were admitted to hospital after ammonia leaked from a refrigeration valve.

Related Articles

Back to top button